Wood is a building material that ensures numerous structural advantages during construction but also has positive effects on the climate inside environments.
- It is a renewable resource
- Wood helps prevent climate change and helps to protect against it.
- Its manufacture does not consume fossil energy as it comes from the sun.
- Their waste no negative environmental impacts.
- The timber can be recycled and end-of-life provides clean energy.
- Physical properties – high thermal insulation, acoustic corrector magnificent, electrical insulation …
- Wood absorbs electromagnetic radiation from phones, televisions and computers and regulates the humidity inside the houses.
- Wood is a lightweight and durable material with which safe, beautiful, warm, comfortable and cozy homes are built.
- It is resistant to fire and -salinos aggressive, corrosive environments ..
- It allows large lights very economically with plywood.
- Fosters design, innovation, improved productivity and taste so natural.
- Allows much of the construction work is done in the workshop.
- It can last hundreds of years.
- Saving energy at all stages of the construction process. Making a wooden beam consumes 15 times less energy.
- And because the forests from which the wood, are factories and filters oxygen gases that produce the greenhouse effect and maintain the water cycle, the carbon cycle and protect the soil from runoff.
Wood as a structural material man has been in use for thousands of years. Its many qualities, strength, lightness, physical properties and fire behavior of healthy character are reasons that drive to use wood as a building material.