Technical wood drying allows to have a raw material of better quality because it has the following advantages:
- Improves physical and mechanical properties of wood.
- Improved features like thermal, acoustic, and electrical insulation.
- Greatly increases the mechanical resistance.
- The wood stabilizes dimensionally.
- The natural resistance of wood increases against rot and spots caused by fungi and other biological organisms’ attacks.
- Allows better workability (wood machining), resulting in highest quality finishes.
- Allows impregnation with immunizing substances, paints, lacquers, and etc.
- The weight of the wood is reduced, facilitating transport and handling of it.
In the work of drying, we use as the main energy source, the waste generated by the same production process, which generates independence from traditional energy sources.